Catering Production - Administrative Coordinator (Part-time/Limited)
Under the general direction of the Director of Catering Operations, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative, financial, and personnel support to the management team of the production operation of UCLA Catering. UCLA Catering is a premier University catering program that generates approximately $7M in revenue annually and employs approximately 60 full-time team members and an additional 50 individuals in either part-time or student positions. Major duties include, but are not limited to, managing staff scheduling and payroll, invoice processing, food and equipment inventory management, vendor relations, handling of customer and team-member inquiries, and generating reports necessary for department’s productivity and efficiency. Provide top-notch customer service to diverse audience both over the phone and in person. Prepare and process routine correspondence including memos, letters, spreadsheets, policies and standard operating procedures. Implement and maintain file systems both electronically and manually. Incumbent must be able to operate a University vehicle to travel to various work sites.
The target salary rate for this position is $23.30 hourly.
This is a part-time (75%), limited appointment.
1. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and work in an independent, responsible, and productive manner with minimal supervision. Required
2. Ability to utilize a personal computer with proficiency, speed and accuracy, including advanced knowledge of software programs such as Excel, Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint. Ability to easily learn and adapt other software programs utilized by department such as Delphi and Opera. Required
3. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems, recommending or implementing solutions and following through to completion. Required
4. Demonstrated skill in working as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues and maintaining cooperative working relationships. Ability to encourage and motivate individuals to work together to achieve department’s goals and objectives. Required
5. Ability to interact on a one-to-one basis and in work groups using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to convey instructions and information accurately to all levels of staff, management, vendors and customers with diverse social, cultural, and educational backgrounds. Required
6. Proven ability to work independently on projects, managing multiple projects at one time, using good judgment and time management skills to complete projects on time according to established deadlines. Required
7. Working knowledge of timekeeping systems and of payroll/personnel practices. Required
8. Skill in performing basic accounting functions such as processing purchase orders, invoices and knowledge of accounts receivable, reconciliation of ledgers and accruals. Required
9. Mathematical skill sufficient to compute figures (using a ten key pad) and check accuracy of calculation reports. Required
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality in the work environment and use discretion when interacting with others. Required
11. Skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature often with frequent interruptions and/or distractions. Required
12. Strong customer service skills, speaking concisely and logically, using grammatically correct language to communicate effectively with ability to maintain a professional presence at all times. Required
13. Skill in analyzing operating procedures and recommending necessary changes consistent with accepted practices and policies. Required
14. Physical mobility sufficient to conduct site tours and event walk-throughs and able to sit and work at a personal computer for extended periods of time. Required
15. Ability to drive university vehicles including electric carts. Required