The Conference Coordinator is responsible for selling guest room nights and servicing conference groups for the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center. This is achieved by conducting prospecting sales calls, responding to client inquiries, providing site visits, attending networking functions plus other creative approaches. To generate additional revenue for the department, the Conference Coordinator will create, market and sell other services and products. Additional responsibilities include: negotiating and writing sales agreements, managing room blocks and meeting room inventory, preparing all conference details and coordinating conferences and special events on site. Financial responsibilities include accurate forecasting, assisting with billing and collections, and providing historical, current and future data for budgetary purposes. Overseeing all operations and aspects of the Conference Center will be an additional responsibility, when assigned as Manager on Duty.
UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center located 100 miles east of the UCLA campus in the San Bernardino Mountains (Map).
The target salary range for this position is between the posted minimum and $22 hourly.
1. Ability to close sales and issue financial contracts. (Required)
2. Ability to read documents and orders written in standard English text, such as conference contracts. (Required)
3. Skills in writing grammatically correct business correspondence proposals, routine correspondence and memorandums. (Required)
4. Skills to speak in public sales presentations and site inspections. (Required)
5. Skills in prioritizing and organizing assignments when faced with a heavy workload, deadlines and compelling requests for service. (Required)
6. Interpersonal skills to work diplomatically and effectively with a diverse public clientele, conference center employees, and students. (Required)
7. Typing skills to prepare business correspondence with speed and accuracy. (Required)
8. Accounting and arithmetical skills needed to prepare cost estimates and bills. (Required)
9. Ability to accurately operate computer and printer. (Required)
10. Skills in supervising, including delegating responsibility and training. (Required)
11. Ability to develop easy rapport with customers in order to facilitate planning efforts. (Required)
12. Ability to analyze situations and separate them into components in order to organize a heavy and diverse workload. (Required)
13. Knowledge of hospitality or related industry. (Required)
14. Property management system skills to input conference room blocks, prices and service requests. (Can be trained)
15. Working knowledge of UCLA Conference Center accounting forms and procedures sufficient to accomplish standard departmental accounting transactions. (Can be trained)
16. Working knowledge of UCLA Conference Center policies and procedures. (Can be trained)