Exterior Housekeeper

Job Description

Under the direct supervision of the Grounds Supervisor, the Grounds Equipment Operator is responsible for the daily cleanliness and upkeep of the hard surfaces on the exterior areas of on campus Housing & Hospitality facilities (approximately 20 acres of building and exterior space). Approximately 70% of the Grounds Equipment Operator time will be spent performing cleaning duties requiring the use of drivable cleaning equipment such as mid-size street sweeper, hard surface scrubbers, fork-lifts and high pressure washers. The remaining 30% of their work time will be spent in performing various housekeeping duties in public areas including practicing customer service, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, collecting and disposing of trash, dusting, waxing furniture and fixtures and polishing brass, chrome and metal fixtures. The Grounds Equipment Operator is responsible for securing outside entry doors and reporting suspicious individuals or circumstances to campus police or to immediate supervisor. The Grounds Equipment Operator must carry a valid California Drivers’ License to operate equipment and will be responsible for the routine maintenance of each piece, including ensuring fuel and fluid levels.