HR & Payroll Specialist (Lake Arrowhead Conference Center)
Under the general supervision of the HR Area Manager at UCLA and with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of the UCLA Conference Center & Bruin Woods Family Resort (LACC), this position manages human resources and administrative process support for LACC employees (career, limited, and students). Employees are both non-represented and represented (CX, K4, SX,).
Responsible for coordinating with the HR Area Manager all personnel actions regarding recruitment, classification, equity, discipline and staff retention to ensure compliance with federal, state, university, and campus regulations and best practices. Performs analysis related to HR, including retrieving data from campus systems, organizing, and validating data, and preparing various reports. Provides coordination of special HR related projects such as; annual performance management process, merits, or other campus initiatives related to HR. Attends Human Resource meetings to stay abreast of HR policy and best practices and conveys to staff, often providing training and serving as the first point of contact for the department on HR matters and complaints. Ensures all employees are paid correctly and timely. Other duties as assigned within the scope of this role.
- Minimum of 3 years of related HR experience (Require)
- Knowledge of human resources software programs. (Required)
- Thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources. (Required)
- Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Possess superior communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate tact and diplomacy, identifying correct issues to be communicated, assessing the audience, the method, and timing of communications. (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively. (Required)
- Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications. (Required)
- Demonstrated analytical, active listening, and critical thinking skills. (Required)
Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues. (Required)
- Experience in policy interpretation and developing sound procedures that are in line with policy. (Required)
- Knowledge of database querying to be able to prepare complex reports from different data sources. (Preferred)
- Skill and experience in public speaking and in preparing and delivering effective presentations. (Required)
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification as fingerprint roller and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) clearance. (Required)
- Ability to perform complex arithmetic calculations. (Required)
- Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct routine business correspondence. (Required)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as dictated by operational needs. (Required)
- B.A. or a B.S. degree. (Preferred)
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license for operation of university
- Knowledge of Time and Wage laws (Preferred)