Summer Front Desk Attendant
There are 4 Front Desks on the hill: Hedrick, Rieber, De Neve, and Sproul. Each location is a 24-hour Front Desk that services the UCLA On Campus Housing Community, with an emphasis on Safety and Customer Service. We are comprised of about 25 students whose primary responsibility is acting as a point of contact for residents for any apartment related concerns such as building access and key requests, housekeeping and maintenance requests, parking access, and general day-to-day Housing Operations and information. Staff should be comfortable working with the public, be effective communicators and mediators, possess a high level of integrity, maintain calm under pressure, and be able to work in the daytime and late at night.
- Be a current full-time undergraduate or graduate UCLA student at the time of application (maintain 12 units per quarter, during the time of employment). Maintain good academic (minimum 2.0 GPA) and conduct standing with the University.
- Be comfortable interacting with the public and diverse groups in a professional, confident, and caring manner under sometimes stressful situations.
- Be comfortable interacting and working alongside campus safety partners such as UCPD, LAFD, UCLA EMS, and UCLA Residential Life.
- Be able to enforce University and Housing regulations tactfully and respectfully.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours a week.
- Be able to work and available for afternoon, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.