Team Leader Supervisor
Under the general direction of Senior Meeting Room Manager and Assistant Meeting Room Manager, provide team leadership and supervision for all set up and break down of events as well as oversee catering deliveries in conference facilities. Oversee the successful execution of assigned meetings and special events. Creates, handles delivery maps, edits and adjustments. Schedules delivery team in venue and on campus accordingly. Supervise, train, motivate, direct, and evaluate full-time, part-time, student employees and temporary personnel. Marshal and deploy resources such as personnel, equipment, chairs, linen tables, all meeting room equipment including AV and trucks in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Maintain a high level of customer service for all events. Adhere to all safety and sanitation guidelines. Follow established timelines for service of set up and breakdown of the rooms. Interact with team members and clients in a high-volume Hospitality environment. Assist with product inventory as needed. Working hours vary and include nights, weekends and overtime.
Posting Category: Hospitality, Food Service, Catering, Events
Work Location: US – Westwood, CA 90025
Job #: 29055
Work Hours: 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
Job Type: Full-Time, Career
Salary Range: $17.10 – $33.90 hourly
- Must be able to read, understand and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Must be skilled at interacting and communicating effectively with guests, team members, managers and vendors one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Must be able to interact in a team based environment.
- Must be able to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Must be able to occasionally lift items to waist level weighing up to 50 pounds and to stand, climb, stoop, push, pull, and crouch as required to complete job duties.
- Must be able to stand continuously throughout an eight-hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Must have demonstrated skill in management and supervision of staff including delegating work to accomplish goals efficiently and effectively while motivating individuals to work together as a team.
- Must have working knowledge of University policies and procedures relating to regarding recruitment, selection, training, performance evaluations, and disciplinary procedures
- Must have working knowledge of payroll and personnel procedures.
- Must be able to conduct on-site inspections of units for quality control and maintenance needs. These inspections involve walking, standing, climbing (e.g. stairs and ladders), stooping, and crouching.
- Must have working knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and procedures as they relate to a food production area.
- Must be able to mediate between contending parties and affect a successful resolution of differences using appropriate conflict management techniques.
- Must possess skills in organizing and monitoring assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are interruptions, changing priorities, changes in workload, conflicting deadlines, and competing requirements.
- Must be skilled in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work overtime, swing shifts and weekends to supervise staffs and/or solves operational problems.
- Must be skilled in operating equipment such as department audio visuals, radio communication devices, flight-type dishwashing machines, ¾ or Class C vehicles, kitchen smallwares and hydraulic lifts.