Reporting to the Housing and Hospitality (H&H) Design Director of Project Management, act as Architectural Associate assigned to renovations, modifications, and repairs to facilities that are under the management of H&HS. Major duties include assisting with preliminary project design, computer modeling, construction drawings and documents preparation, project management, and monitoring construction and consultant activities.
The target salary range for this position is between the posted minimum and $48.00 hourly.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited professional program in Interior Design, Architectural Design, Environmental Design, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in design and building industry in private practice, corporate and/or institutional settings, preferably with universities, colleges, or school systems.
- Knowledge of construction management industry standards and practices, safety standards, and codes to construct facilities and manage projects.
- Experience in project planning and management, involving critical path analysis and scheduling.
- Skill in working independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated success in working in collaborative style, in following through with tasks with minimal supervision, and in promoting a high degree of professionalism in meeting assigned responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact professionally, effectively, and tactfully with department/University personnel at various levels and with public in all matters pertaining to assigned projects.
- Skill in using AutoCad, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, 3-D modeling software, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Project Scheduling.
- Ability and desire to convey a positive, professional, business-like appearance and attitude to all clients, consultants, and colleagues.
- Ability to take independent action, demonstrate initiative, dependability, good judgment and solve problems.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push, pull, and crouch for an extended period of time and to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds as required when reviewing project assignments.
- Skill in preparation and interpretation of technical specifications and architectural drawings.
- Must possess a valid California Drivers license.
- Ability to prepare and present effective graphic and oral presentations and to assist groups in determining specific opinions, solutions, etc.
- Skill in preparing effective graphic presentations such as, colored 2-D drawings, 3-D renderings, physical models, and finish material boards, etc.
- Working knowledge of University forms, policies, procedures and ability to process forms required to accomplish various transactions.