Assistant Access Programs Manager
Assist the Access Control Programs Manager in in leading, managing and developing a high impact safety operations team focused on providing high quality of safety services and programs that protect the residents, guests, and team members of UCLA Housing & Hospitality.
Major duties include providing administrative support such as processing hiring/separation paperwork, timekeeping management, assisting in the recruitment, training, and supervision of a student team of approximately 100 team members. This position will also provide routine supervision and quality assurance that building access control policies are enforced, performs patrol duty rounds and safety inspections of Housing residence halls, apartments and auxiliary locations and also responds to emergencies and incidents as needed. Execute other functions and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Skill in management and supervision of multi-functional staff comprised of operational and administrative personnel to include knowledge of required tasks, skills, personnel selection, evaluation and development.
- Skill in writing concise, logical, and grammatically correct English to prepare written schedules, plans, procedures, employee performance evaluations, reports such as budget variances, and other operational/administrative related reports or correspondence.
- Ability to work on a personal computer, utilizing software such as Word, Excel,Microsoft Windows, Blackboard Access control system, hospitality management software and other applicable systems.
- Ability to conduct on-site safety inspections. These inspections involve walking, standing, climbing (e.g., stairs and ladders), stooping and crouching.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted safety and security concepts and procedures.
- Ability to accurately assemble material and equipment inventories, and monitor usage of supplies and care of equipment to control costs.
- Skill in budget preparation, analysis, and controlling costs.
- Ability to mediate between contending parties and affect a successful resolution of difference using appropriate conflict management techniques.
- Skill in negotiating and exchanging ideas with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
- Ability to analyze and define administrative and technical problems, identifying relevant factors, recognizing alternatives and formulating conclusions.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising staff including delegating work to accomplish departmental goals and objectives efficiently and effectively, while motivating individuals to work together as a team.
- Skill in organizing and monitoring assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are interruptions, changing priorities, changes in work load, conflicting deadlines, and competing requirements.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively and tactfully with diverse department/University personnel at various levels and with the public, including students, in all matters pertaining to the operation of the units.
- Ability to communicate effectively on a one-to-one basis and in small group settings to delegate work assignments, conduct unit business, explain department/University policies and procedures as applicable.
- Ability to work overtime, swing shifts and weekends to supervise staff and/or meet operational needs.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards.
- Ability to maintain a drivers’ license in order to drive a University vehicle in performance of job duties.
- Working knowledge of University policies and procedures relating to Staff Personnel Policies regarding recruitment, selection, training, performance evaluations and disciplinary procedures.
Can be trained
- Working knowledge of departmental personnel and payroll procedures, such as time reporting and accruals.
- Knowledge of where to obtain materials, supplies equipment and services utilized in facility.
- Working knowledge of ID Card and Visitor Management System.