Under the direction of the Bakery Manager, Principal Baker, Senior Baker or Baker, responsible for the production of multiple bakery products from a specified menu. Prepare basic bakery recipes in the operation according to culinary, production and quality standards. Weigh, sift, measure and mix baking ingredients; prepare and bake breads, rolls, cookies, pies, cakes, biscuits, puddings, cobblers, brownies and other baked good items. Accurately and appropriately utilize the various bakery equipment and if needed, assist with training and monitoring others in its safe usage. Adhere to all food handling and sanitation guidelines. Follow established timelines for food production as required by delivery times and production schedule.
Working hours vary, includes nights and weekends.
At UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services (H&HS), you become part of UCLA’s tradition of excellence by providing quality housing, dining, and hospitality services to student-residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
We believe there’s more to a job than simply being employed. In addition to competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and retirement plans, H&HS team members enjoy significant opportunities for professional and personal growth in a supportive work environment.
No matter what your role, you will join more than 2,600+ H&HS team members who understand that our motto Hospitality First! means that a warm, gracious attitude makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
AMAZING BENEFITS Starting Day One!
Learn more: https://ucla.in/3IA1uvW
- Ability to read, understand, and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Skill in interacting effectively with guests, team members, and managers in a high volume production setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening, problem solving techniques.
- Ability to interact in a team based environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Skill in adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals and fractions sufficient to properly adhere to production and customer flow parameters.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to fifty pounds such as bags of supplies and cases of food products.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Ability to measure dry and liquid foodstuffs in units of measurement such as cup, pint, quart, pound, and oz to properly adhere to recipe and production requirements.
- Skill in operating equipment such as mixers, food processors, food cutters, slicers, blenders, ovens, gas range, donut fryers, cookie droppers, radio communication devices, hydraulic lifts, and trash compactors.
- Knowledge of the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
- Previous experience in the preparation of basic bakery items for a high volume bakery.
- Demonstrated knowledge in food preparation techniques such as basic baking, cake and pastry decoration.
- Must have basic bakery skills and a good understanding of bakery terminology and equipment.
- Time management and organizational skills to review daily production needs and plan daily work schedule.
- Skill to prepare bakery recipes in the operation according to culinary, production and quality standards.