Under the direction of the Banquet Manager and Banquet Captain(s), provide our guests and customers with courteous and gracious service. Serve guests, as banquet server or as an attendant for buffet setup. Provide quality food delivery service to clients in multiple locations both on and off campus. Gather, load and deliver all the items that are indispensable for a catered event, such as china, silverware, linen, decoration and props, food and drinks. Set up site according to Banquet Event Order (BEO).
Breakdown event and return all items from site to kitchen or Catering area. Perform food preparation, customer service, sanitation and other food service duties. Prepare single step cold food preparation according to standardized recipes and approved preparation and production methods. Wash, trim, cut and pan meats and vegetables. Cut and arrange desserts. Ensure that all food items are completed according to schedule and presented to customers at the proper temperature and with the appropriate garnishment. Store, seal, and label food for storage. Set-up and maintain cleanliness of work areas and catering sites. Sweep and mop floors. Maintain cleanliness and storage of preparation equipment, plates, silverware, glassware, pots, pans and service utensils. Assist in organization of refrigerator, freezers and storage rooms. Launder, sort and fold smocks, uniforms and towels. Remove all trash from kitchen counters and floor areas. Other duties as assigned.
Working hours vary and may include overtime, nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be available to work varying schedules; including evenings, weekends, holidays and over time in order to reflect the business needs of the department.
AMAZING BENEFITS Starting Day One!
Learn more: https://ucla.in/3IA1uvW
- Ability to read, understand and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Skill in interacting effectively with guests and team members and managers in a high volume public contact setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening, problem solving techniques.
- Ability to interact in a team based environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Skill in adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals and fractions sufficient to properly adhere to production and customer flow parameters.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to fifty pounds such as bags of supplies, filled stock pots, cases of food products.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Ability to measure dry and liquid food stuffs in units of measurement such as cup, pint, quart, pound, and oz. to properly adhere to recipe and production requirements.
- Ability to operate equipment such as mixers, food processors, food cutters, meat slicers, blenders, hot wells, radio communication devices, hydraulic lifts, trash compactors, warewashing, garbage disposal, refuse pulper equipment.
- Ability to learn and apply the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
- Ability to participate in team efforts to push wheeled equipment carts of approximately 100 pounds.
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s license to safely operate Class C vehicles, vehicle lift devices, docking lifts and maintain knowledge of all route information, parking parameters and building access routes.
- Skill in operating two way communication radios and pages.
- Must be available to work a variable shift including nights, weekends and occasional holidays.