Under the direction of the Management Team, Principal and Senior Cooks, responsible for providing team leadership and support in production and/or service of multiple food products from a specified menu to clients. Assign, lead and monitor the work of others to ensure quality products and service is delivered to the client. Design and set up cooking/buffet stations at catered events according to Banquet Event Order and client requests. Adhere to all food handling and sanitation guidelines. Follow established timelines for food production as required by start time of catered events and overall production schedule. Interact with team members and clients in a high-volume catering environment.
- Ability to read, understand, and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Skill in interacting effectively with guests and team members and managers in a high volume public contact setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening, and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to interact in a team based environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Skill in adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals and fractions sufficient to properly adhere to production and customer flow parameters.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to fifty pounds such as bags of supplies, filled stock pots, cases of food products.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Ability to measure dry and liquid food stuffs in units of measurement such as cup, pint, quart, pound, and oz to properly adhere to recipe and production requirements.
- Skill in operating equipment such as mixers, food processors, food cutters, meat slicers, blenders, impingers, gas range, hoods, flat top grill, charbroiler, hot wells, deep fat fryers, access card readers, radio communication devices, hydralic lifts, trash compactors, combination ovens, steamers, rotisserie equipment, class c vehicles, and washware equipment.
- Knowledge of the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating work schedules.
- Ability to produce and present food in high velocity catering environments.
- Time management and organizational skills to review daily orders and plan daily work schedule.
- Ability to operate independently, exercising good judgment to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must have strong culinary skills and a good understanding of culinary terminology.