In conjunction with other team members, the Event Coordinator (EC) will perform administrative and general office support duties along with handling Off-Premise catering and day meeting events, summer conferences, and Luskin Conference Center catering and events.
The EC will monitor existing bookings in the Salesforce Sales & Catering software application, generate BEO’s/Event Orders, Banquet Checks and Group Resumes of contracted groups from Event managers or new groups as assigned or acquired via in-house leads. Working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, the CCEC will provide exemplary customer service while interacting with meeting planners, guests, and team members.
EC must be able to work independently demonstrate an ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, problem- solve, and must exhibit strong organizational skills including time management.
The EC work in a sales & event department responsible for the $30M+ total revenue generated for Housing & Hospitality. Business Volume for the department consists of 100 summer contracts of 400 conference group bookings with varying arrival/departure patterns, approximately 3,000 catering delivery orders to the campus and 1,500 venue events. The revenue generated within the 80,000+ square feet of meeting space and yield of 12,000+ bed space inventory along with venues across the campus supports the overall mission of being a resource to campus and supporting business continuity of Housing & Hospitality. The annual revenue assist in off-setting student housing costs, provides additional income for facility improvements, ensures year-round business continuity, and furthermore helping Housing and Hospitality to maintain a consistent year round workforce. In addition, ancillary revenue generated goes to supports many other revenue generating UCLA Departments, UCLA’s academic missions, as well as the broader UCLA Campus Community.
- Physical mobility sufficient to conduct site tours and event walk-through and able to sit and work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work over time when necessary.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing assignments when faced with a heavy workload, deadlines, and compelling requests for service.
- Ability to work with detail, prepare and review a large volume of work rapidly and accurately.
- Interpersonal skills to work diplomatically and effectively with a diverse public clientele, University officials, colleagues, and students.
- Excellent writing, spelling, and editing skills to produce clear, concise, and grammatically correct business correspondence, reports, and transmittal memoranda that convey the appropriate message in the appropriate tone for the situation.
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize effective and efficient completion of responsibilities.
- Proficiency in the English language sufficient to interact effectively and graciously with clients, to write clear and grammatically business correspondence such as proposals, memorandums, and event orders.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative, and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Accounting and arithmetical skills needed to prepare cost estimates, proposals, and billing explanations
- Demonstrated skill in working as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel and Word Software)
- Ability to drive licensed electric carts and UCLA vehicles at times for meetings, site inspections, transporting of equipment and visits to the event site.
Can be trained
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Sales and Catering software application or equivalent event programming software.
- General working knowledge of University accounting forms and policies enough to accomplish standard departmental accounting transactions.