Food Service Worker - Dishwasher
The Luskin Conference Center (LCC) is designed as a 300,000 square foot, 7-story, International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) certified property on the UCLA campus. The LCC is comprised of 254 guest rooms, approximately 25,000 square feet of meeting space, a 160-seat restaurant, a fitness center, and a business center. The total staff anticipated for the LCC is approximately 165-180 FTE, with total revenue projected at $30 million annually. The LCC is an academic meeting and conference destination supporting UCLA’s education and research mission.
Under the direction of the Kitchen Management Team; Executive, Banquet, Restaurant Chef, and Cooks the Dishwasher is responsible for the cleaning of dishes, including pots and pans for banquet events and restaurant service at LCC. The Dishwasher cleans the kitchen and special equipment including ovens, grills, refrigerators, freezers, etc. and takes the garbage out at conclusion of each meal and assists with deep cleaning duties as assigned. The Dishwasher also assists kitchen staff with receiving and storage of supplies from authorized purveyors.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Must be available to work varying schedules; including evenings, weekends, holidays and over time in order to reflect the business needs of the department.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to sixty pounds such as dishes, trash, delivery boxes, etc.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight-hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Ability to communicate in English sufficient to follow instructions and communicate information.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to show up to work on time.
- Ability to interact courteously and professionally with diverse groups of guests and co-workers.
Can be trained
- Perform duties to standards compliant with UCLA, LCC, Federal, County and State Health and safety regulations.
- Skill in operating an automatic dishwasher.
- Knowledge in kitchen cleaning methods.