Food Service Worker - Dishwasher
Under the direction of the Dining Services Managers or Production staff, the Dishwasher is responsible for the cleaning of dishes, including pots and pans. Responsible for maintaining beverage stations fully stocked with glassware and beverages being dispensed. The Dishwasher cleans the kitchen and special equipment including ovens, grills, refrigerators, freezers, etc. and takes the garbage out at conclusion of each meal and assists with deep cleaning duties as assigned. Maintain cleanliness and storage of preparation equipment, plates, silverware, glassware, pots, pans and service utensils. The Dishwasher will also assist in the organization of refrigerators, freezers, storage rooms and proper loading docks. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Working hours vary, includes nights and weekends.
At UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services (H&HS), you become part of UCLA’s tradition of excellence by providing quality housing, dining, and hospitality services to student-residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
We believe there’s more to a job than simply being employed. In addition to competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and retirement plans, H&HS team members enjoy significant opportunities for professional and personal growth in a supportive work environment.
No matter what your role, you will join more than 2,600+ H&HS team members who understand that our motto Hospitality First! means that a warm, gracious attitude makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
AMAZING BENEFITS Starting Day One!
Learn more: https://ucla.in/3IA1uvW
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to fifty pounds such as dishes, trash, delivery boxes, etc.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight-hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Ability to learn and apply the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to show up to work on time.
- Proficient communication skills to ensure health and safety for a diverse group of people including faculty, staff, students and guests.
Can be trained
- Perform duties to standards compliant with UCLA Dining Services, Federal, County and State Health and safety regulations.
- Skill in operating an automatic dishwasher.
- Knowledge in kitchen cleaning methods.