Guest Room Attendant
Under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor(s) and Housekeeping management team, provide housekeeping and guest services for the Luskin Conference Center property. The Guest Room Attendant is responsible for ensuring that standards of cleanliness in assigned guest rooms are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis in order to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within established time limitations. Incumbent is accountable for responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Operate a variety of equipment to clean and maintain guest rooms, restrooms and other requested areas. Tasks are expected to be performed in accordance with LCC’s guidelines for quality customer service.
- Ability to communicate in English sufficiently and to understand simple work instructions and to impart information.
- Ability to write basic English words and phrases in order to complete forms regarding work to be done.
- Ability to read labels on cleaning solutions, written directions and work schedules.
- Ability to interact politely and courteously with University staff, guests and management.
- Working knowledge of fundamental janitorial and custodial procedures.
- Ability to clean and prepare guest rooms for incoming guests.
- Skill in operating a variety of industrial and/or janitorial equipment including buffers, waxers, scrubbers, polishers and vacuum cleaners.
- Ability to properly use, control and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds (supplies, equipment, linens, etc).
- Ability to work independently or with others as directed or assigned.
- Ability to work overtime, swing shifts or weekends as assigned in order to meet operational needs.
- Ability to perform various custodial duties that involve walking, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, stooping and crouching.
Can be trained
- Ability to recognize when a guestroom has been adequately prepared for an incoming guest.
- Ability to recognize when public areas are adequately neat and clean.
- Working knowledge of carpet and floor care techniques.