Guest Services Agent
Operate a 24-hour front desk at the Luskin Conference Center. Perform guest check-in and check-out on computer system. Post payments from guests on their account. Input room reservations, changes and cancellations in computer system. Answer inquiries regarding the campus and the local area. Accept messages and deliveries for guests and staff and ensure proper delivery. Carry and store luggage as requested. Arrange transportation for guests. Complete daily checklists.
Complete daily occupancy, housekeeping assignment and tracking reports. Coordinate room readiness with housekeeping staff. Provide professional customer service to guests and vendors.
Must be available to work varying schedules; including evenings, weekends, holidays and over time in order to reflect the business needs of the department.
- Skill in operating a hotel computer system.
- Demonstrated ability in operating an electronic cash register.
- Proficient computer skills, i.e. use of Microsoft Office Suite, the internet, etc.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Standard English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests and colleagues.
- Skill in detailed and accurate record keeping.
- Knowledge of basic and standard cash handling and accounting procedures.
- Skill in accurately completing monetary transactions.
- Knowledge of general information related to the University and surrounding community.
- Ability to obtain tourist and travel information.
- Ability to operate hotel locking system.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with diverse types of persons in a high-volume, public setting.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating work load.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to exercise proper judgment when performing all job duties and interacting with guests.
- Physical ability to stand continuously for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
Can be trained
- Ability to operate two-way radio.
- Ability to recognize and respond appropriately to emergency situations.