Lodge Keeper (UCLA Lake Arrowhead Lodge)
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Director, the Lodge Keeper is responsible for the cleanliness, attentiveness, and preparation of the entire Main Lodge and all outlying meeting rooms. Perform guest service as requested. Prepares the meeting and social areas, set up audio visual equipment, handle social supplies, and make minor comfort level adjustments. Assists with set up Audio-Visual equipment and trouble-shooting technical problems to accommodate approximately 30,000 guests during the conference season and 4,000 guests during our BRUIN WOODS season. Problems include audio or video issues involving A/V racks, projectors, microphones, cables, mixers, PCs, CD/DVD players, and other A/V equipment as required. Problems include ventilation, lighting, room configuration, room cleanliness, parking, program materials, and catering.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to evaluate cleanliness of an item or area.
- Knowledge of a wide range of basic audio visual equipment (projectors, televisions, DVD players, speakers, microphones, and mixers) as well as the difference between the same piece of equipment by a different manufacturer. Ability to work independently and to trouble-shoot advanced audio visual technical difficulties.
- Skill in reading and comprehending Standard English. Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate, interact effectively and tactfully with department/university personnel at various levels and with the public in all matters.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with guests and colleagues at various levels.
- Ability to speak on a one-on-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to convey information to individuals at various organizational levels.
- Skill in coordinating tasks by determining the time, place, and sequence of actions to be taken.
- Skill performing of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
- Skill in performing during frequent interruptions and/or distractions all the while exhibiting a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Skill in working independently and following through in assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to work a rigorous eight hour day including the occasional need to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- Knowledge of industry standard cleaning practices, including how to operate cleaning equipment.
- Available to work varying schedules; including evenings, weekends, holidays and over time in order to reflect the business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees at various levels.
- Must possess a Valid California Driver License in order to drive University vehicles.
- Ability to use and properly control custodial supplies and inventories. Knowledge of industry standard cleaning practices, including how to operate cleaning equipment.
Can be trained
- Knowledge of where to go within the organization for needed information and ability to discern what information should be passed on.