The Night Auditor at the Luskin Conference Center (LCC) is responsible for running the night audit and all related reports – both scheduled and ad hoc. The position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and receives guidance from the Night Manager and other evening shift management. The incumbent provides assistance to the front desk and reservations unit as necessary during breaks, meal periods and times of increased guest volume.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
The majority of work shifts for this position are overnight shifts; however, some days, weekends, and holidays may be required.
The budgeted hiring salary/target range for this position is the posted minimum to $28.85 hourly, with salary placement based on skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Demonstrated skills in accounting principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial data sufficient to reconcile accounts and generate financial reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency with hospitality property management systems, i.e. Opera.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with other staff, contractors, and suppliers. Ability to interact diplomatically with University personnel at various department levels and with accounting staff.
- Skills in prioritizing tasks and ability to coordinate workflow to comply with deadlines in a timely manner under pressure of deadlines and heavy workload.
- Skills in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Analytical skills to anticipate potential problems or sensitive situations, recognize relevant factors and present viable alternatives or solutions.
- Skills in working as part of a team; collaborating with colleagues.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose clear, concise and grammatically correct business correspondence, analysis and financial reports.
- Organizational skills to establish, maintain and store alpha/numeric files.
- Skill in performing basic bookkeeping transactions.
- Skills in operating a 10-Key calculator by touch.
- Ability to operate IBM PC and working knowledge of windows software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Word. In addition, ability to use BRUINBUY, Oasis, Essbase, Kronos, and QDB.
- Adept in creating customized computer Tracking Reports, Data Bases, and performing analysis using Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication of efforts with the use of computer technology.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak business English.