Under the direction of the management team, is responsible for providing team leadership to one or more Cooks, Assistant Cooks, Senior Food Service Workers and Food Service Workers in a high volume campus restaurant. Assign, motivate, and monitor the work of others in the production of multiple food products from a specified menu. Prepare the most complex menu items and recipes according to culinary, production and quality standards. Accurately and appropriately utilize all production equipment and train and monitor others in its safe usage. Ensure gracious customer service and quality food is provided. Adhere to all food handling and sanitation guidelines. Maintain accurate paperwork, including temperature logs and production records. Assist management with recipe and menu development.
Working hours vary, includes nights and weekends.
At UCLA Housing & Hospitality (H&H), you become part of UCLA’s tradition of excellence by providing quality housing, dining, and hospitality services to student-residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
We believe there’s more to a job than simply being employed. In addition to competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and retirement plans, H&H team members enjoy significant opportunities for professional and personal growth in a supportive work environment.
No matter what your role, you will join more than 2,600+ H&H team members who understand that our motto Hospitality First! means that a warm, gracious attitude makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
AMAZING BENEFITS Starting Day One!
Learn more: https://ucla.in/3IA1uvW
- Ability to read, understand, and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Skill in interacting effectively with guests and team members and managers in a high volume public contact setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening, problem solving techniques.
- Ability to interact in a team based environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Skill in adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals and fractions sufficient to properly adhere to production and customer flow parameters.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to fifty pounds such as bags of supplies, filled stock pots, cases of food products.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Ability to measure dry and liquid food stuffs in units of measurement such as cup, pint, quart, pound, and ounce to properly adhere to recipe and production requirements.
- Skill in operating equipment such as mixers, food processors, food cutters, meat slicers, blenders, impingers, gas range, flat top grill, charbroiler, hot wells, deep fat fryers, radio communication devices.
- Knowledge of the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
- Time management and organizational skills to review daily production needs and plan daily work schedule.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and provide guests quality customer service.
- Detailed culinary knowledge of food inventory, recipes, menus and production methods, including a strong understanding of culinary terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the work of others to produce and present food in a high volume restaurant environment.
- Previous experience assigning, monitoring and leading the work of others in a high volume food service operation.
- Previous experience developing, testing and perfecting recipe and menu items.
- Demonstrated ability to train a production team on how to successfully execute recipes and menu items and how to effectively and safely use production equipment.