Public Area Attendant
The Luskin Conference Center (LCC) is designed as a 300,000 square foot, 7-story, International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) certified property on the UCLA campus. The LCC is comprised of 254 guest rooms, approximately 25,000 square feet of meeting space, a 160-seat restaurant, a fitness center, and a business center. The total staff anticipated for the LCC is approximately 165-180 FTE, with total revenue projected at $30 million annually. The LCC is an academic meeting and conference destination supporting UCLA’s education and research mission.
Under the direction of the Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping Supervisor(s), provide housekeeping services for the Luskin Conference Center. Operate a variety of equipment to clean and maintain guest rooms, public areas, restrooms and offices. Tasks are expected to be performed in accordance with LCC’s expectations for quality customer service. May assist with daily maid service for guest rooms as needed and required.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to communicate in English sufficiently and to understand simple work instructions and to impart information.
- Ability to write basic English words and phrases in order to complete forms regarding work to be done.
- Ability to read labels on cleaning solutions, written directions and work schedules.
- Ability to interact politely and courteously with University staff, guests, and faculty.
- Working knowledge of fundamental janitorial and custodial procedures.
- Ability to clean and prepare guest rooms for incoming guests.
- Skill in operating a variety of industrial and/or janitorial equipment including buffers, waxers, scrubbers, polishers and vacuum cleaners.
- Ability to properly use, control and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently or with others as directed or assigned.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as assigned in order to meet operational needs.
- Ability to perform various custodial duties that involve walking, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, stooping and crouching.
Can be trained
- Ability to recognize when a guestroom has been adequately prepared for an incoming guest.
- Ability to recognize when public areas are adequately neat and clean.
- Working knowledge of carpet and floor care techniques.