Under the direction of the Restaurant Management Team, the Restaurant Server will provide customers with courteous and gracious service, ensuring they have a great dining experience. This role will serve in the capacity of wait staff, as an attendant for buffet setup or bar and lounge service. The incumbent will be responsible for serving alcoholic beverages to guests, making recommendations and answering questions regarding beverages and menus, and providing professional customer service to guests.
The primary responsibility of the Restaurant Server is to deliver and serve food and beverage items to guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner. The incumbent must also maintain working knowledge of all food and beverage items, their prices, method of preparation and availability. Describe items on the menu to guests, including menu specials, and know ingredients used in the dishes, along with how a dish is prepared, cooked and served. Accurately take food and beverage orders, appropriately serve guests food and deliver beverage orders and routinely check back with guests during the meal for any additional needs. Ensuring guests receive an accurate bill in a timely manner is critical and servers will accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable). Servers will also ensure removal of soiled plates, flat ware and trash from tables, floor areas and buffet location on a consistent, routine basis according to Luskin Conference Center(LCC) standards.
Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with guests and work well with other restaurant employees to present an enjoyable dining experience. Incumbent must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Working hours vary and may include overtime, nights, weekends and holidays.
Please note, Luskin Conference Center is a non-tipping environment.
- Ability to read, understand and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Skill in interacting effectively with guests, team members and managers in a high-volume, public setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening and friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of a fluctuating workload.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to thirty pounds such as dishes weighted down significantly with food and trays with glasses and dishes. Ability to lift trays above shoulder height.
- Must possess basic math skills, able to handle money, and credit card transactions, utilizing a point-of-sale system.
- Skill in adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals and fractions sufficient to properly adhere to production and customer flow parameters.
- Ability to learn and apply the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
Demonstrated ability to prepare beverages and single step food preparation such as slicing bread, lemons and making food items look presentable on a tray or buffet table.
- Skill in operating equipment such as coffee brewers, tea brewers, soda machines, dishware washers, hydraulic lifts and trash compactors.
- Ability to remain calm in the face of adversity such as customer dissatisfaction.
- Previous experience as a food server in a restaurant casual or fine dining setting.
- Available to work varying schedules; including evenings, weekends, holidays and over time in order to reflect the business needs of the conference center.
- Must have at least one year of guest service experience in a fast-paced, high-end restaurant.
- Basic culinary skills and a good understanding of culinary terminology.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of wines, spirits, and beers.
Can be trained
- Skill in operating two way communication radios.
- TIPS certification preferred.