Under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor, Building Manager and Auxiliary/Public Area Housekeeping Manager, provide housekeeping services for the On Campus Housing Residential Halls, Conference Facilities and surrounding exteriors. Operate a variety of equipment to clean and maintain guest rooms, public areas, restrooms and office/meeting space. Tasks are expected to be performed in accordance with Department’s expectations for quality customer service. Perform daily maid service during peak periods.
- Ability to communicate in English sufficiently and to understand simple work instructions and to impart information.
- Ability to write basic English words and phrases in order to complete forms regarding work to be done.
- Ability to read labels on cleaning solutions, written directions and work schedules.
- Ability to interact politely and courteously with University staff, guests and residents.
- Working knowledge of fundamental janitorial and custodial procedures.
- Ability to clean and prepare guest rooms for incoming guests.
- Skill in operating a variety of industrial and/or janitorial equipment including buffers, waxers, scrubbers, polishers and vacuum cleaners.
- Ability to properly use, control and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently or with others as directed or assigned.
- Ability to work overtime, swing shifts or weekends as assigned in order to meet operational needs.
- Ability to perform various custodial duties that involve walking, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, stooping and crouching.
Can be trained
- Ability to recognize when a guestroom has been adequately prepared for an incoming guest.
- Ability to recognize when public areas are adequately neat and clean.
- Working knowledge of carpet and floor care techniques.