Senior Food Service Worker
Under the direction of the Dining Service Managers or Principal Cook, Cook or Assistant Cooks, perform semi-skilled food preparation, serve customers, and perform general maintenance duties. Serve as a lead for a group of five or less Food Service Workers. Assign and monitor work to ensure all food items are prepared correctly and according to established time frames. Ensure all items are prepared according to standardized recipes and in accordance with preparation and production methods. Ensure all food items are presented to customers at the proper temperature and with the appropriate garnishment. Provide guests with courteous and gracious service. Cut and arrange desserts according to department standards. Wash, trim, cut and pan meats and vegetables. Store, seal, and label food for storage. Load and deliver food to other dining facilities. Set-up and maintain cleanliness of work areas and dining room. Sweep and mop floors. Maintain cleanliness and storage of preparation equipment, plates, silverware, glassware, pots, pans and service utensils. Clean and replenish salt and pepper shakers, napkin dispensers and ketchup in guest seating areas. Assist in organization of refrigerator, freezers and storage rooms. Launder, sort and fold smocks, uniforms and towels. Remove all trash from tables and floor areas. Perform other duties as assigned.
Working hours vary, includes nights and weekends.
At UCLA Housing & Hospitality Services (H&HS), you become part of UCLA’s tradition of excellence by providing quality housing, dining, and hospitality services to student-residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
We believe there’s more to a job than simply being employed. In addition to competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and retirement plans, H&HS team members enjoy significant opportunities for professional and personal growth in a supportive work environment.
No matter what your role, you will join more than 2,600+ H&HS team members who understand that our motto Hospitality First! means that a warm, gracious attitude makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
AMAZING BENEFITS Starting Day One!
Learn more: https://ucla.in/3IA1uvW
- Ability to read, understand and speak English sufficient to determine and carry out job duties.
- Skill in interacting effectively with guests and team members and managers in a high volume public contact setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening, and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to interact in a team based environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Skill in adding and subtracting whole numbers, decimals and fractions sufficient to properly adhere to production and customer flow parameters.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to fifty pounds such as bags of supplies, filled stock pots, and cases of food products.
- Ability to measure dry and liquid food stuffs in units of measurement such as cup, pint, quart, pound, and ounce to properly adhere to recipe and production requirements.
- Ability to operate equipment such as grills, ovens, impingers, fryers, mixers, food processors, food cutters, meat slicers, blenders, hot wells, radio communication devices, hydraulic lifts, trash compactors, ware washing, garbage disposal, and refuse pulper equipment.
- Ability to learn and apply the rules and procedures of sanitation and safety as they apply to production, storage and service within a food establishment.
- Ability to lead small teams of 1-5 people, in a collaborative manner, motivating team to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to provide team leadership to one or more Food Service Workers to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Must have a good understanding of culinary terminology.
- Time management and organization skills to review daily production needs and plan daily work schedule.
- Ability to stand continuously throughout an eight hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces.
- Six months of previous food service experience.