Technical AV Analyst
Under the direction of the Housing & Hospitality Services (HHS), Assistant Director of Information Technology (IT), this position devises, designs, programs, debugs, tests, implements, and supports complex integrated control and command systems for audio visual venues, digital display systems (menus, directional, communications).
This position serves as technical support for complex integrated command and control systems for audio visual event users, for fully onsite, hybrid, and fully remote events. This position functions as primary technical support for conferences and events across all UCLA Housing & Hospitality locations, in the utilization of AV equipment and systems.
Responsible for system virtual environments, networking, system server configuration, backup and restore functions. This position is also responsible for ongoing support of these complex systems’ hardware and software.
Responsible for system virtual environments, networking, system server configuration, backup and restore functions. This position is also responsible for ongoing support of these complex systems’ hardware and software, and . and in the proper operation, maintenance, and daily care of all AV hardware, systems, and related services.
UCLA Housing & Hospitality IT team members work onsite, hybrid, or fully remote, depending on requirements of the IT role.
The UCLA Housing & Hospitality Information Technology department consists of teams responsible for desktop support, administrative business systems, residential business systems, audio visual systems, administrative networking systems, residential networking systems, websites, and collaborates with a variety of UCLA campus departments. UCLA H&HS IT includes a Student Technology Center that supports UCLA residents during the academic year, and UCLA Conference guests during the summer.
The H&H departments supported include H&HS Administration business offices, Student Technology Center, Dining Services, Housing Services, Rooms Division, Housing Maintenance & Project Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Vending Services, Conference & Catering, University Apartments. H&H IT supports the UCLA hotel properties ? UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center, UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center, UCLA Guest House, and Summer Conference guests in our residential properties
- Ability to perform and manage complex system coding projects, integration projects, upgrade and maintenance projects; successfully develop and execute requirements gathering, coding specifications and flow, coding, test plans and testing; standard debugging methodology, deliverables definitions, user test plans, user sign off, implementation plans, cutover plans, fallback contingencies, backup and restore methodology and ongoing maintenance plans.
- Ability to establish and meeting milestone deliverables dates for complex integrated command and control systems.
- Demonstrated skills in diagnosing and troubleshooting system problems, recommending and/or performing efficient/practical system solutions, and following through to completion.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in the programming, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of systems software, database interfaces, operating systems, Virtual server environments, backup systems and LAN/WAN networking issues.
- Demonstrated ability to working effectively with staff and to maintain on-going cooperative relationships with clients/end users; demonstrated ability to review end user needs and provide correct equipment and deliverables.
- Ability to organize and coordinate resources to expedite solutions and complete projects within given deadlines.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks, to set and reestablish priorities as circumstances dictate.
- Demonstrated skill in working independently with and follow through on assignments and tasks with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, procedural, technical, and administrative information to clients, staff, and management.
- Demonstrated work experience in network connectivity configurations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Skill in operating a wide range of audio visual (A/V) equipment such as data projectors, overhead projectors, computers, sound and light systems, radio communication devices, integrated control systems, and digital display systems.
- Working knowledge of end user office productivity applications including Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push and crouch for extended periods of time as required completing job duties.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. for short periods of time for installation, repair, and troubleshooting of hardware systems and network connectivity equipment.
- Ability to work after normal business hours and weekends as scheduled, respond to emergency calls as necessary and when appropriate, and participate in the on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual for scheduled work.
- Ability to drive University vehicles, including electric carts, to deliver equipment and other materials.
- Ability to serve as technical support for complex integrated command and control systems for audio visual event clients, for fully onsite, hybrid, and fully remote events and conferences.
- Ability to perform as primary technical support for conference audio visual customers for events across all UCLA Housing & Hospitality locations, advise and train meeting room staff in the utilization of AV equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of industry standard practices and procedures as related to A/V presentation services within a conference center and university teaching environment.
- Network and other professional certifications: Cisco Certified Network Analyst, Microsoft certified engineer, VMWare certification, CTS (certified technical specialist), CTS-I (installation), CTS-D (design), and Crestron Certified Programmer or equivalent work experience required.